The foundation will make the start.
- In the coming years, it will distribute 10 basic inheritances of € 15,000 each per year.
- The recipients are selected by lot from among young adults throughout Germany.
- Anyone who turns 30 years old in the next few years has a real chance of receiving one of the first basic inheritances.
Our schedule on the way to a legal basic inheritance:
The preparatory phase
We get in place, financially, personnelly.
- we clarify and define the modalities of the draw and the distribution
- we organize the resources
- we renovate the foundation's buildings
We will need a scientific board to implement our pilot project. Furthermore, we will need a permanently staffed office.
The distribution phase
The payment of the first basic inheritance is expected to begin in mid-2019. The funds required for this come from a company participation pledged to the foundation by a donor for this purpose. From these funds 10 basic inheritance amounting to 15,000 € can be spent annually.
The evaluation and publicity phase
as of 2023
After a few years of practising the basic inheritance, the first conclusions can be drawn about its feasibility and its effects on people. The effects of the basic inheritance on all areas of society can then be realistically estimated and extrapolated. By then at the latest, it will be possible to go public and into political practice with well-founded proposals.